Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jan's News

Hi,
My name is Jan Gilles. I am 50 years old, and for some crazy reason I decided to return to college to get my teaching license. This is my second year attending The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. For the last seventeen years I have worked as an early childhood teacher and also for the past 12 years as the Site Coordinator of the preschool.
My husband John and I are empty- nesters. Our children are both grown and married. Our daughter Angela and her husband Aaron live in Los Angeles California. They have a Teddy Bear puppy named Coconut, who has brought a great deal of joy to our family. Our son Ryan and his wife Katie live in Boise Idaho.
When I am not working full time and attending full time classes my husband and I love to travel. Some of our more recent travel of course has been to California and Idaho. This past Spring our entire family (including Coconut) spent a week together in Jackson Hole Wyoming. We spent a lot of time hiking in the Grand Tetons it was by far some of the most spectacular landscapes I have ever witnessed.
As far as computers go I like to refer to myself as somewhat technically challenged. I know enough to get by. My hope is that after I complete my technology class that I will be a little more computer savy for the the future.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I also love to travel! My favorite place is California! I was in the desert and it was so beautifull. I wish I could go back. I went to Arizona for the NASCAR race last November and I loved it. I had been there 10 years before and it was wonderful!

fritzy said...

I went through Wyoming in 1977 and I have often thought about going back to see how much that state and Montana have changed.

When I was 10 years old, I went with my Aunt Sis to California and still remember how upset I was when I saw that the Golden Gate bridge wasn't really made of gold!

Anonymous said...

Wow! There is so much about you that I did not know! I too love to travel, but I don't get to do alot of it since entering this program. I am not sure I know what I got myself into! Ahhh, but it is all a means to an end!